If you are headed to college, you need to complete the FAFSA. Click on the link to get more information.
The websites in this section may answer some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) re: FAFSA, financial aid, student loans, government programs, etc.
- www.finaid.org the most popular source for FAQs re: how to calculate EFC [Estimated Family Contribution], links to college financial aid pages, student loan info, other basics about financial aid plus a scholarship search
- www.collegeinvest.org info on how to fund your post-secondary education
- www.ed.gov/finaid info from Dept. of Education on government financial aid
- www.fafsa.ed.gov info on Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- www.fsaid.ed.gov site to create your fafsa id
- www.salliemae.com general info on student loans plus step-by-step info on financial aid process
Scholarship of the Day
FINALLY, A SCHOLARSHIP FOR ZOMBIE FANS
Imagine what your school or college campus might be like in a zombie apocalypse. We want to know your plan to avoid the zombies, where you’d hide, and the top-five things you’d bring to stay alive. We're giving one successful survivor $2,000 towards his or her college education. Do you think you have what it takes to make the cut?
*** NEVER PAY TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!***