Teacher Cadet 2 A & B
Credit: 2 Fine Practical Arts/Elective
Teacher Cadet II is a college prep program designed for students who have completed Teacher Cadet I and are interested in continuing to pursue the education pathway. Teacher Cadet II students learn through hands-on activities, guest speakers, field trips, classroom observations, research, and practicums in the educational setting. Students will learn about: Instructional Teamwork; Orientation to Special Education; Student Supervision; Instructional Strategies; Behavior Management; Communication; and Support for Challenging Behavior. Students may have the opportunity to obtain paraprofessional certificate through field experience hours working with a mentor teacher throughout the school year.
1. Students must have a minimum of 75% or higher in Teacher Cadet I A & B and instructor recommendation to register for Teacher Cadet II A & B. Attendance is an important part of the instructor recommendation.
2. Students must have a minimum of a ‘C’ or higher to obtain the certificate credit
Course fee: $40.00
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE TEACHER CADET PROGRAM:
- Child Care Teacher
- Director Counselor Elementary
- Secondary Teacher
- School Administrator Social Worker
- Psychologist Special Education Teacher
- Child Advocate Speech
- Language Pathologist
Instructor: Merris Pincsak