Principals of Engineering
Grades: 10, 11, 12
This survey course exposes students to major concepts they’ll encounter in a post-secondary engineering course of study. Topics include mechanisms, hydraulics, pneumatics, computer, interfacing, robotics, computer-aided design, electronics, energy, statics, materials, and kinematics. Students develop problem-solving skills and apply their knowledge of research and design to create solutions to various challenges, document their work, and communicate solutions.
1. Students that complete this course are eligible to test for Solidworks certification. This certification may be used to demonstrate competency for new graduation guidelines for the class of 2021 and beyond.
2. Students should have a good understanding of basic algebra
3. This course is recommended for students interested in design and engineering
4. Completion of Intro to Engineering is recommended but not required
Course fee: $20.00
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN PRINCIPLES OF ENGINEERING PROGRAM:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Alternative/Renewable Energy Technician
- Online Classrooms For This Program
Instructor: James Koerlin