Automotive Collision Repair & Refinishing 3 & 4
Grades: 10, 11, 12
Credit: 2.0 Fine/Practical Arts or Elective
Auto Collision Repair Technicians find their skills increasingly valued as more vehicles fill the roads and a greater number of traffic accidents damage these vehicles. As OEM vehicles continue to incorporate sophisticated new materials and increasingly complex design technologies in their vehicles, the collision repair industry will face ongoing need for repair technicians.
Students will learn:
- auto estimating
- color matching and theory
- plastic repair, applying adhesives
- custom painting techniques
- applying decals and pinstripes
Students that complete this course may be eligible to test for I-CAR, the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair. This certification may be used to demonstrate competency for new graduation guidelines.
Students must complete Automotive Repair and Refinishing 1 & 2 to register for this course.
Safety glasses, a shop shirt, and appropriate shoes are required.
Must purchase your own respirator.
Course fee: $40.00.
POSSIBLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN AUTO COLLISION REPAIR AND REFINISHING:
- Auto body Shop Owner/Manager Collision Estimator Automobile Customization
- Repair Technician
- Master Painter Prep Technician
- Aviation Paint Technician Auto Detailing Technician Auto Restoration Technician
Instructor: Donnie Smith